1 Oct 2013

Twice Upon A Dress......

People often joke that we are the ultimate double act and are often mistaken for being related…..in some cases even asked if we are twins!



While that would be fun, we can confirm that we are definitely not twins……although, we do sometimes have moments of ‘Twin Telepathy’. An example of this comes in the form of Orla’s 21st birthday party.


We were organising what we hoped would be the vintage themed event of the year. We traipsed around venue after venue looking for exactly the right place. After a good month of looking, I had a VERY excited phone call from Orla explaining that she’d found it! We raced over, took a look around and arranged to book the venue, not wanting to waste another minute. 

Once the venue was sorted we moved straight on to planning dĂ©cor. Orla had some amazing ideas and we spent a long time figuring out how to make things fit and work in the room. With all of these types of things to consider, it wasn’t really until the day of the party that either of us discussed what we had planned to wear.

The day of the party arrived and we had planned to see a preview screening of Monsters University in the morning in Central London. We had my nephews in tow and the afternoon turned in to a bit of a rush. We still needed to get over to Guildford to pick up the cake and decorate the room! 

We nipped to my house, dropped my nephews off and I started packing a bag ready to leave. Hanging in my room, as it had been for the past week, the dress I had bought from eBay a month earlier, ready to be taken to the car. Orla came upstairs to see how close to being ready I was and instantly spotted my dress…. ‘Is that what you’re wearing tonight?’ I sort of assumed she hated it by the look on her face, which would be a shocker in itself because I think I have a relatively good eye when it comes to what Orla will see as a fashion disaster! When I told her that I had planned to wear it, the colour pretty much drained from her face…..Orla had bought an identical dress a few weeks before on eBay! The only major differences were that hers was slightly shorter with sleeves! 



Exibit A - Orla 
Exhibit B - Christine


We had to get going or we would be too late picking up the cake, we quickly pulled together a different outfit and accessories for me to wear and away we went. We took the original too, just in case.


Considering that this style wasn't particularly on trend in July, it does seem rather funny that we both chose identical dresses! It all worked out in the end! Orla wore my dress because it was slightly longer, and she obvs looked like the Belle of the ball in it! I wore my fave red floaty number and a great night was had by all!  



It’s almost like our twin powers were working overtime - they somehow knew that Orla wouldn’t be 100% happy with her dress on the night…..Sometimes the twin telepathy is handy!


Orla looking AMAZE!

Thanks for reading! If you feel like it, comment and follow the blog! You can also connect with us on Twitter - @TwiceUponBlonde, Instagram - TwiceuponBlonde & YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKztQ7sRCbFQZeGXdQOMEOw


xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

About

Two Girls, Best Friends, Sharing Secrets, Tips & Tricks! Make Up . Fashion . Health . Weight . Beauty . Vintage . Style . Shabby Chic . Design . Music . Disney . Costume . Fun . BFF Twitter - @Twiceuponblonde Instagram - Twiceuponblonde YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKztQ7sRCbFQZeGXdQOMEOw/about